FACTS MATTER. GO FIGURE.
Education in North Carolina: Facts & Figures, 2019 Edition
This handy guide is designed to give you quick and easy access to key data that will support you in your work to improve North Carolina’s education system. You can find more detailed charts and heat maps below, as well as links to additional resources.
- Teacher Turnover and Vacancy Rates by NC K-12 Public School District (2016-17)
- Average Local Salary Supplement for K-12 Teachers, by District (2017-18)
- Average Local Salary Supplement for K-12 Principals, by District (2017-18)
- Average Teacher Salary and Rank, by State (Nominal & COL Adjusted, 2018-19)
Schools & Programs
- Largest Employers in North Carolina, by County (2018)
- Higher Education Institutions in North Carolina (2019)
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction’s Accountability and Testing Results
- North Carolina Early Childhood Education Data Repository
- North Carolina’s Tool for Online Workforce and Education Reporting
- University of North Carolina InfoCenter
- University of North Carolina Educator Quality Dashboard